Manuscript Titles in the Thomas Merton Collection
Recent additions to the manuscript collections
- Labyrinth, The
- Lactantius. Transcribed, abridged and annotated from two taped conferences by Robert MacGregor.
- Ladder of divine ascent, The
- Lament for Javier Heraud
- Landfall, The
- Landscape, prophet, and wild dog
- Landscape: Beast (Polish translation)
- Larmes des lions aveugles, Les
- Las Casas, Bartolomé de, 1474-1566
- Lassalle, Hugo M. (Hugo Makibi), 1898-
- Last Mass in the hermitage
- Last of the fathers, The : Saint Bernard of Clairvaux and the encyclical letter, Doctor Mellifluus
- Last of the patriarchs, the : the recorded sayings of Shen-hui, by Richard See Yee Chi
- Last words of Thomas Merton, The; excerpts from The Asian journal with a foreword by Br. Patrick Hart.
- Latins are lousy pornographers
- Laughter in the dark
- Lavín Cerda, Hernán, 1939-
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930
- Le secret
- Learning to learn
- Learning to live
- Learning to love : exploring solitude and freedom / Thomas Merton; edited by Christine M. Bochen
- Leclercq, Jean, Dom, O.S.B., 1911-1993
- Lectio divina
- Lectures on Cassian : for Choir Novitiate, 1955-1956 (earlier version of Cassian and the Fathers, Part II)
- Legend of Tucker Caliban, The. Review of A different drummer, by William Melvin Kelley.
- Legends are all lies
- Lenin, Vladimir Il'ich, 1870-1924
- Lent in a year of war [published in magazine VIEW, slight variant from book version]
- Lenten practices
- Lentfoehr, Thérèse, Sr., S.D.S., 1902-1981
- Lepp, Ignace, 1909-1966
- Let the poor man speak!
- Let's along and do the murder first, a review of David Lytton's "The goddam white man."
- Letter from Father Thomas Merton [excerpts from two letters]
- Letter of St. Anselm on stability, A
- Letter of the late Thomas Merton on the future of monasticism
- Letter of Thomas Merton, A [to James Edmund Magner, Jr.]
- Letter on solitude and community, A; [to Dom André Louf]
- Letter on the contemplative life
- Letter on the hermit life, A (to Dom Anthony Chassagne, O.C.S.O., Mepkin Abbey)
- Letter to a bishop
- Letter to a papal volunteer
- Letter to a poet about Vallejo
- Letter to a priest [regarding "The monk in the diaspora"]
- Letter to a radical Anglican
- Letter to a young activist
- Letter to an innocent bystander
- Letter to Bishop John J. Wright, Pittsburgh
- Letter to Dr. R. H. Prince, McGill University, May 22, 1965
- Letter to Esquire [November 1934]
- Letter to Leslie Dewart on the Church and revolution
- Letter to Margaret Randall de Mondragon concerning Cuban poets, May 1967
- Letter to Mr. L. T. Dickson, manager of the bookstore, University of Delaware
- Letter to my friends (On entering the Monastery of Our Lady of Gethsemani)
- Letter to Pablo Antonio Cuadra concerning giants, A
- Letter to Ramparts, A
- Letter to Senator John Sherman Cooper
- Letter to the Editor of Continuum, A
- Letter to the Editor of Jubilee
- Letter to the Editor of the New York Times Book Review, A
- Letter to the editor, Sewanee Review
- Letter to the editors concerning article by James Vincent O'Gara
- Letter to the editors of The Commonweal, A
- Letters from distinguished novelists, poets, and philosophers on the importance of reading
- Letters of Adam of Perseigne, The
- Letters of Blessed Ammonas, The; translated by Brothers Methodius and Chrysostom
- Letters of Thomas Merton to the editors of Collectanea, 1953-1968
- Letters to a white liberal
- Letters to Che : Canto bilingüe
- Lewis, C. S. (Clive Staples), 1898-1963
- Life and holiness
- Life and holiness. Preface to the Korean edition.
- Life at Gethsemani
- Life free from care, A; transcription of a taped conference on the occasion of Merton's retirement to the Hermitage, 20 August 1965
- Life in Christ. Excerpt from The new man.
- Life is tragic : the diary of Nishida Kitaro, by Lothar Knauth. Comment.
- Life of faith [essay included in Life and holiness]
- Life of prayer, The
- Life of St. Benedict, by St. Gregory the Great : selected texts. Compiled by Thomas Merton.
- Life that unifies, The; edited from a taped conference
- Life, works, and doctrine of St. Bernard, The
- Light in emptiness
- Lines to a crafty septuagenarian
- Lings, Martin, 1909-2005
- Lion, The
- Lipsey, Roger, 1942-
- List of books by Thomas Merton
- Liste de travaux. Soumise a l'approbation des RR. PP. Capitulaires, O.C.S.O., Citeaux, Mai, 1946.
- Literary currents in Hispanic America, by Pedro Henríquez Ureña. Notes.
- Literary essays of Thomas Merton, The
- Little, Malcolm, 1925-1965
- Liturgical feasts and seasons. Conferences given in the Choir Novitiate, Gethsemani Abbey.
- Liturgical renewal : the open approach (a note in pastoral psychology)
- Liturgical year, The
- Liturgy and social concern. Notes.
- Liturgy and spiritual personalism
- Liturgy notes (choir novitiate)
- Living bread, The
- Living bread, The. Notes by Naomi Burton Stone and Rev. Wilfred Thibodeau, S. S. S.
- Long call is made out of wheels, A
- Long distance call at night
- Long night's festival, The
- Look, tiger
- Looking into churches. Excerpt from The seven storey mountain.
- Lookout tower agreement or lease [Fire tower]
- Lord of love and light, by a contemporary Cistercian
- Loretto and Gethsemani
- Loretto tape. Notes.
- Losers weepers : poems found practically everywhere, an anthology of found poems
- Lotus in the sea of fire
- Louf, André, Dom, O.C.S.O., 1929-2010
- Louisville airport, May 5, 1966
- Loup, Robert
- Love and living
- Love and maturity
- Love and need : is love a package or a message?
- Love and person
- Love and solitude
- Love and Tao
- Love and the "Need for others"
- Love winter when the plant says nothing
- Love, by Ernesto Cardenal
- Lowell, Robert, 1816-1891
- Loyer, Olivier
- Lubac, Henri de, 1896-1991
- Lucius Caecilius Firmianus Lactantius
- Lutgardis, Saint, 1182-1246
- Luther, Martin, 1483-1546
- Lyford, Joseph P.
- Lytton, David
▲ top |
# | top ▲