Manuscript Titles in the Thomas Merton Collection
Recent additions to the manuscript collections
- Cabaud, Jacques
- Cables to the ace; or, Familiar liturgies of misunderstanding
- Cairo 1326 (Polish translation)
- Call of the desert, The; by Peter Frederick Anson
- Call to contemplation, The. Notes.
- Called out of darkness
- Calling of the monk, The. "De boodschap van de monnik."
- Calvin, Jean, 1509-1564
- Camus : journals of the Plague years
- Camus and the Catholic church
- Camus, Albert, 1913-1960
- Camus. Notes.
- Can we choose peace?
- Can we survive nihilism? : Satan, Milton, and Camus.
- Cancer blues
- Candlemas procession
- Canon law. Comment on "Proposed canon on monastic life," by Louis Meyer, O.S.B. American Benedictine Review 17 (1966).
- Canto bilingue
- Captives – a psalm, The
- Cardenal, Ernesto, 1925-2020
- Cargo : notes for a talk on Cargo [Cargo cults]
- Cargo cults of the South Pacific.
- Cargo movements and their implications
- Cargo theology. Transcription from tape, 1968.
- Carmody, John, 1939-
- Carol - 1967, A
- Carpenter, Edmund, 1922-2011
- Carrera Andrade, Jorge, 1903-1978
- Carrera Andrade, Jorge, 1903-1978. Notes and translations.
- Carta a un poeta sobre Vallejo : commentarios y poemas
- Carta caritatis
- Casas, Bartolomé de las, 1474-1566
- Case for a renewal of eremitism in the monastic state, The
- Cassant, Marie Joseph, 1878-1903
- Cassian and the Fathers
- Cassian, John, ca. 360-ca. 435
- Cassiodorus, Senator, ca. 487-ca. 580
- Cassiodorus, Senator, ca. 487-ca. 580. Notes.
- Caste war of Yucatán, The
- Catch of anti-letters, A; by Thomas Merton and Robert Lax
- Catherine of Siena (drawing)
- Catholic and creativity, The
- Catholic conscience, The. Notes.
- Catholic encyclopedia for school and home, The
- Cause of our joy, The
- Ce Xochitl: The sign of flowers (Mexico). Section of The geography of Lograire.
- Celibacy, statement on clerical
- Cell, The
- Cells. Notes.
- Celtic monasticism. Comment on Les chrétiennes celtiques, by Olivier Loyer.
- Centenary celebrations, June 1949 : Gethsemani
- Centered on faith : an excerpt (from a letter of Thomas Merton to Abdul Aziz, January 2, 1966)
- Ceremony for Edward Dahlberg
- Certain proverbs arise out of dreams
- Certificate Y
- Cesar Vallejo. Comment.
- Chadwick, Nora K. Notes on Poetry and prophecy.
- Challenge of responsibility, The
- Ch'an of Shen Hui, The. Introduction.
- Chan, Wing-tsit, 1901-
- Chant to be used in processions around a site with furnaces
- Char, René, 1907-. Poems from the French of René Char, translated by Thomas Merton.
- Character and spirit of St. Benedict from St. Gregory's Dialogue II, The
- Chariton, Abbot of Valamo
- Chaste, The
- Chautard, J. B. (Jean Baptiste), 1858-1935
- CHEE$E, by Joyce Killer-Diller : A Christmas Card for Brother Cellarer
- Chemins de la joie, Les
- Chenevière, Marie Étienne
- Cherokee park
- Chi, Richard Hu See-Yee, 1918-
- Chilam Balam (Yucatan). Section of The geography of Lograire.
- Chorines vs. ponies : Who wins? Mr. Merton thinks there is no comparison; Women In pants have what the Gaslight Era never knew
- Chrétiennes celtiques, Les; by Olivier Loyer
- Christ in der Welt, Der
- Christ in the desert
- Christ in the wilderness
- Christ lives today. Script for a film shown at the Vatican Pavilion - New York world's fair.
- Christ of the desert
- Christ the king. Notes.
- Christ, sacrement de la rencontre de Dieu, Le; by Edward Schillebeeckx
- Christ, the way
- Christian action in world crisis
- Christian and Oriental philosophy of art, by Ananda Kentish Coomaraswamy. Notes.
- Christian and the world, The. Conferences, Abbey of Gethsemani, 1966.
- Christian as peacemaker, The : the theology of conviction
- Christian commitment, The; by Karl Rahner. Review.
- Christian contemplation. Edited with an introduction by Robert E. Daggy.
- Christian culture needs Oriental wisdom
- Christian ethics and nuclear war
- Christian failure, The; by Fr. Ignace Lepp. Review by Benedict Monk [pseudonym of Thomas Merton].
- Christian freedom and monastic formation
- Christian humanism
- Christian humanism and virginity in St. Ambrose. Transcribed from tape by Robert MacGregor and edited by Naomi Burton Stone.
- Christian humanism in the nuclear era
- Christian in time of change, The
- Christian in world crisis, The
- Christian learning. Notes.
- Christian life of prayer, The
- Christian looks at Zen, A. Introduction to The golden age of Zen, by Jingxiong Wu (John C. H. Wu).
- Christian message in a changing world, The
- Christian morality and nuclear war
- Christian O'Conarchy, Bl., ca. 1100-1186
- Christian perfection. Insert.
- Christian perspective in world crisis
- Christian self-denial
- Christian solitude : notes on an experiment
- Christian worship and social reform
- Christianisme Russe, by Divo Barsotti. Review.
- Christianity : post-Hiroshima. Outline.
- Christianity and defense in the nuclear age : notes for a conference to an ecumenical group
- Christianity and Marxism. Necessity for dialogue.
- Christianity and mass movements
- Christianity and race in the U. S.
- Christianity and Zen. Notes.
- Christmas as to a people
- Christmas devotion, A
- Christmas homily 1963
- Christmas night. Unpublished material from the original manuscript of The seven storey mountain.
- Christmas sermons of Bl. Guerric of Igny, The
- Christusontmoeting als Sacrament Van de Godsontmoeting
- Chuang Tzu : two rendering
- Church and bishop
- Church and the "Godless world", The
- Church and the second sex, The
- Church in a disillusioned world, The
- Church in world crisis, The
- Church is Christ alive in the world, The. Script for a film shown at the Vatican Pavilion - New York world's fair.
- Church. Notes.
- Cinq vierges, Les (pour Jacques)
- Circular Letters to Friends (for mimeographing)
- Cistercian fathers and their monastic theology, The. Novitiate, Abbey of Gethsemani, 1963.
- Cistercian history. Notes [with other notes, see detailed view].
- Cistercian order from the death of St. Bernard to the reform of Benedict XII (1153-1335), The
- Cistercians and study
- City in history, The; by Lewis Mumford. Notes.
- City without a soul, The [New York]
- City's spring
- Civil rights of the monk in Roman and canon law, by Michael Paulin Blecker, O.S.B. American Benedictine Review 17 (1966).
- Clark, Walter Houston, 1902-
- Classic Chinese thought
- Classical ditty, A
- Classicism in Faulkner's The bear and The wild palms. Notes.
- Classicism in literature. Lecture notes.
- Clement of Alexandria. Selections from the Protreptikos. Translated by Thomas Merton.
- Clergy and negativism : passivity and obedience
- Climate of mercy, The; for Albert Schweitzer
- Climate of monastic prayer, The
- Cloud and the fire, The
- Cohen, Marvin
- Cold war and Black revolution
- Cold War letters
- Collected poems, The estate of poetry, and Essays on literature and society, by Edwin Muir
- Collected works of Ramana Maharshi, The; edited by Arthur Osborne
- Columban, Saint, 543-615
- Columbás, García M.
- Columbia poetry 1939
- Come to the mountain : new ways and living traditions in the monastic life
- Comedy card for a serious case
- Comment : re FORUM vol 1 n.1 
- Comment on Charlotte Buhler, Tom Stonier, Walter A. Weisskopf
- Comment on War within man, by Erich Fromm
- Comments about the religious life today : transcript of a recording made by and edited by Father Louis Merton for Special General Chapter Sister of Loretto, 1967
- Comments on article 79 of Constitution on church in modern world
- Comments on Dr. Prince's and Dr. Savage's paper on mystical states and regression
- Commonweal, to the editors of the
- Communism, Russian
- Communist centralism. Notes.
- Community : a monastic witness, by Sr. Agnes Shaw, O.S.B. American Benedictine Review 17 (1966).
- Community of pardon. Excerpt from Seasons of celebration.
- Community, politics, and contemplation
- Community. Notes.
- Concept of acedia, The. Review of The sin of sloth : acedia in medieval thought and literature, by Siegfried Wenzel.
- Concept of monastic service, The : its implications for modern society; by Daniel W. Kucera, O.S.B. American Benedictine Review 17 (1966).
- Concerning Tennyson McGap
- Concerning the Catholic Peace Fellowship : three letters and a statement
- Concerning the collection in Bellarmine College Library
- Concrete poems (various)
- Conference notes (various)
- Conference Notes by Thomas Merton: Mary Our Sister; Resonare Christum; The Blessed Virgin Compared to the Air We Breathe: Notes on a Poem by Gerard Manley Hopkins; Psalm 62
- Conference on prayer for Conference of Religious of India, Feast of Christ the King, 1968 (Calcutta).
- Conferences on St. Bernard of Clairvaux
- Confessions of Nat Turner, The
- Conflict without violence, by Jerome Frank. Comments by Ira Sandperl (corrections and comments by Thomas Merton).
- Congdon, William G., 1912-1998
- Conjectures of a guilty bystander
- Conquest of France : speech and testimonials, 1941
- Conquistador, tourist, and Indian
- Consequences, truth and..., by Daniel Berrigan
- Constitutions of the Order of Cistercians of the Strict Observance
- Consuetudines, The. Edited with a commentary by Thomas Merton.
- Contemplation and dialogue
- Contemplation and ecumenism
- Contemplation and the priesthood
- Contemplation et vie contemplative selon Platon, by André Marie Jean Festugière. Notes.
- Contemplation in a rocking chair
- Contemplation in a world of action
- Contemplation. Notes.
- Contemplative and the atheist, The
- Contemplative life in the modern world, The
- Contemplative life today, The. Transcription of a tape made for the Savannah Carmel.
- Contemplative life, The : its meaning and necessity
- Contemplative life, The. Plan. [outline for a book] (1950)
- Contemplative life. Transcription from tapes for the Franciscan Sisters of Allegany. September 1967.
- Contemplative prayer
- Contemplatives and the crisis of faith [by J.-B. Porion, André Louf, and Thomas Merton]
- Contents of book provisionally called "Worldly essays"
- Continuum, to the Editor of
- Conversatio morum. Expanded from a talk given October 6, 1964, North American Novice Masters' Meeting.
- Coomaraswamy, Ananda Kentish, 1877-1947
- Cooper, David D.
- Cooper, John Sherman, 1901-1991
- Correspondence : note on Joyce's Ulysses (letter to the editor of the Sewanee Review)
- Cortés, Alfonso, 1893-1969
- Council and monasticism, The
- Council and religious life, The
- Council and sacred art, The
- Council and the Bomb, The [article from Commonweal, Vol. 081 Issue 023 (March 5 1965)].
- Courage for truth, The : the letters of Thomas Merton to writers / selected and edited by Christine M. Bochen
- Covering the Mexican front, by Betty Kirk
- Crean, Robert J.
- Creative silence
- Cristofolini, Maria Elena
- Critic's choice. Five reviews.
- Critique of war, The; contemporary philosophical explorations. Edited by Robert Ginsberg.
- Cross fighters, The : notes on a race war
- Cross in our lives, The
- Crossportion's Pastoral
- Crow, John Armstrong
- Crust for egoists, A
- Crust for the Frosh, A
- Cuadra, Pablo Antonio, 1912-2002
- Cuba project [letter to the editors of Liberation]
- Cultural cold war, The : comments on "The cultural cold war" by Christopher Lasch
- Cunninghame Graham, R. B. (Robert Bontine), 1852-1936
- Cur Deus homo and other Anselmiana
- Curns, Eileen
- Curriculum vitae
- Cuttat, Jacques Albert
▲ top |
# | top ▲