Manuscript Titles in the Thomas Merton Collection
- Abbaye Sainte-Marie de la Pierre-qui-Vire (Saint-Léger-Vauban, France)
- Absurdity in sacred decoration
- Ace of freedoms : Thomas Merton's Christ / George Kilcourse
- Action and contemplation in St. Bernard
- Action and contemplation in the Mystery of Christ
- Active and contemplative orders
- Adam, of Perseigne, 1145-1221
- Adaptation of the monastic life : some personal observations
- Address on prayer by Pope Paul VI at his regular weekly general audience - November, 10, 1965 (translated by Thomas Merton)
- Address to the Special General Chapter, Sisters of Loretto, August 1967
- Adoration of the shepherds (Merton drawing used for cover art)
- Advent : hope or delusion
- Advent mystery, The
- Advice to a young prophet
- Aelred, of Rievaulx, Saint, 1110-1167
- Aestheticism : the "Highbrow" problem. Fragment on Eric Gill.
- African genesis
- After Chuang Tzu
- After many a summer dies the swan
- Agnon, Shmuel Yosef, 1888-1970
- Aids to mental prayer
- Airtight cage, The; by Joseph P. Lyford
- Alaska conferences. Notes.
- Alaskan journal of Thomas Merton
- Alawi, Ahmad ibn Mustafa, 1869-1934
- Alberic, Saint, d. 1109
- Albert Camus and the Church
- Albert Camus' The plague; introduction and commentary
- Alberti, Rafael, 1902-1999
- Alfonso Cortés [biographical comment]
- ALL : the collected short poems, 1956-1964
- All theology is a kind of birthday . . .
- Alvarez Arroyo, Jesus
- Amadeus, of Hauterive, "The Elder," 1144-1159
- Amadeus, Saint, Bishop of Lausanne, 1110-1159
- Ambrose, Saint, Bishop of Milan, d. 397
- Ame de tout apostolat, L. English.
- Ammonas, Saint, 4th cent.
- Anatomy of melancholy
- Ancient Oaxaca : discoveries in Mexican archeology and history; edited by John Paddock with contributions by Ignacio Bernal [and others]
- And so goodbye to cities
- And the children of Birmingham
- Andrade, Carlos Drummond de, 1902-1987
- Andrews, Edward Deming, 1894-1964
- Andrews, Faith Elizabeth (Young)
- Angel and the machine, The
- Angel, The
- Angela, of Foligno, 1248?-1309
- Angelic mistakes : the art of Thomas Merton / Roger Lipsey; preface by Paul M. Pearson
- Angels again
- Anglican Devotion, by Charles James Stranks
- Anglicanisme. Review of English Spirituality, by Martin Thorton.
- Anselm, Bishop of Havelberg, d. 1158
- Anselm, Fr., O.C.S.O.
- Anselm, Saint, Archbishop of Canterbury, 1033-1109
- Anson, Peter Frederick, 1889-
- Answer of Minerva, The : pacifism and resistance in Simone Weil
- Answers for Hernan Lavin Cerda
- Answers on art and freedom
- Answers on clerical celibacy
- Answers on non-violence : answers to World Campus on non-violence
- Answers on prayer and action.
- Answers to T. McDonnell.
- Anthology c. 1940 [compiled by Thomas Merton of poems by others].
- Anthology of Irish poetry
- Anthology of Islamic literature : from the rise of Islam to modern times
- Anthony, of Egypt, Saint, ca. 250-355 or 6
- Anti-poem, An : Plessy vs. Ferguson : theme and variations
- Apel, William D.
- Aphorisms for a contemplative, by John Carmody, S. J. American Benedictine Review 17 (1966).
- Aphraates, the Persian sage, fl. 337-345
- Apologies to an unbeliever
- Appendix: Is Buddhism life-denying?
- Approach to creativity, An
- Arasteh, A. Reza, 1927-
- Ardrey, Robert
- Argument of Minerva, The
- Arias Reyero, Maximino
- Arnold, Eberhard, 1883-1935
- Arsen'ev, Nikolai Sergeevich, 1888-
- Art and morality
- Art and worship
- Art and worship (notes on art and worship)
- Art irlandais, L'; by Françoise Henry. Review.
- Art of prayer, The : an Orthodox anthology; compiled by Igumen Chariton of Valamo. Notes.
- Art of Richard Hughes, The
- Articles etc. in the Oakhamian (by Thomas Merton).
- As man to man
- Ascent to truth, The
- Ascesis of sacrifice : Pasternak's letters to Georgian friends
- Ascetic life, experience of God and freedom, The. Two tape-recorded conference transcribed by Robert MacGregor.
- Ascetical and mystical theology
- Ascetismo e monachesimo prebenedittino
- Ash Wednesday
- Ash Wednesday (poem)
- Ashmore, Harry S.
- Asian journal of Thomas Merton, The
- Asian letter I. [November circular letter to friends. New Delhi, India, 1968.]
- Asian notes: October 15 to December 7, 1968. Transcribed from holographic journals.
- Asín Palacios, Miguel, 1871-1944
- At this precise moment in history. Section of The geography of Lograire.
- Athanasian creed, The; translated with an introduction by Thomas Merton
- Athanasius, Saint, Patriarch of Alexandria, d. 373
- Atlas watches every evening
- Attente dans le silence, L' : le père Marie-Joseph Cassant, O. Cist. S. O., by Etienne Chenevière. Preface.
- Aubade – Harlem
- Aubade on a cloudy morning
- Augustine, Saint, Bishop of Hippo
- Aujourd'hui le Bouddhisme, by Thich Nhât Hanh. Notes.
- Auschwitz : a family camp
- Authors take sides on Vietnam
- Avant garde in the arts, The; by Henry Winthrop and Gerald Sykes
- Averroës, 1126-1198
- Awakening of a new consciousness in Zen, The; by Daisetz Teitaro Suzuki. Review.
▲ top |
# | top ▲