- Downey, Michael. “Collision Course 101: The Monastery, the Academy,
and the Corporation.” ix-xii.
- Merton, Thomas. “A Balanced Life of Prayer.” 1-21.
- Palmer, Parker J. “Contemplation Reconsidered: The Human Way In.”
- Waddell, Paul J., CP. “The Human Way Out: The Friendship of Charity as
a Countercultural Dimension.” 38-58.
- Fuller, Roy D. “The Virtuous Teacher: Thomas Merton’s Contribution to
a Spirituality of Higher Education.” 59-74.
- Upton, Julia Ann, RSM. “Humanizing the University: Adding the
Contemplative Dimension.” 75-87.
- Lewis, Gloria Kitto. “Learning to Live: Merton’s Students Remember His
- Del Prete, Thomas. “Culture and the Formation of Personal Identity:
Dilemma and Dialectic in Thomas Merton’s Teaching.” 105-121.
- McKenna, Thomas F., CM. “A Voice in the Postmodern Wilderness: Merton
on Monastic Renewal.” 122-137.
- Neuman, Matthias, OSB. “Revisiting Zen and the Birds of Appetite
after Twenty-Five Years.” 138-149.
- Badaracco, Claire. “Animated Outsiders: Echoes of Merton in Hampi,
Norris, Dillard, and Ehrlich.” 150-161.
- Merton, Thomas. “Time of Transition: A Selection of Letters from the
Earliest Correspondence of Thomas Merton and Ernesto Cardenal” edited by
Christine Bochen. 162-200.
- Downey, Michael. “Daughter of Carmel; Son of Citeaux: A Friendship
Endures – An Interview about Thomas Merton with Angela Collins, OCD”
conducted by Michael Downey. 201-220.
- Kramer, Victor A. “Thousands of Words: A Bibliographic Review.”
- Burton-Christie, Douglas. Rev. of Witness to Freedom: The Letters
of Thomas Merton in Times of Crisis edited by William H. Shannon.
- Paguio, Erlinda G. Rev. of A Catch of Anti-Letters by Thomas
Merton and Robert Lax. 254-257.
- Conn, Joann Wolski. Rev. of Thomas Merton in Search of His Soul: A
Jungian Perspective by Robert G. Waldron. 258-261.
Return to Contents of Earlier Editions of The Merton Annual