- Kramer, Victor A. “Foreword.” ix-x.
- Kilcourse, George A. “Introduction: Spirituality After ‘A Prayer Lip
- Hinson, E. Glenn. “Rootedness in Tradition and Global Spirituality.”
- Steere, Douglas V. “Notes on Conferences with Thomas Merton, February
- Merton, Thomas. “Thomas Merton and Douglas V. Steere, Correspondence,
- Haughton, Rosemary. “The Fall of Babel: Reflections on the Abbey
Center Conference.” 54-60.
- Weakland, Rembert, OSB. “Monastic Values in an Alien World: One
Person’s Experience.” 61-65.
- Kline, Francis, OCSO. “God Will Be Their Light: Reflections on the
Abbey Center Conference.” 66-75.
- Corless, Roger. “In Search of a Context for the Merton-Suzuki
- Goizueta, Roberto S. “Otherness Has a Face . . . and It Is Not a
Pretty Face.” 92-114.
- TePas, Katherine M. “A Spirituality of Mercy: Aelred of Rievauxl.”
- Payne, Steven, OCD. “‘Although It Is Night’: A Carmelite Perspective
on Spirituality at the Juncture of Modernity and Postmodernity.” 134-159.
- Pippin, Tina. “Standing on the Edge of the Abyss: A Postmodern
Apocalyptic Spirituality.” 160-174.
- Ford, John H. “‘Not Himself, but a Direction’: An Interview with John
(Jack) H. Ford” conducted by George A. Kilcourse. 175-193.
- Downey, Michael. “Critical Turn Ahead: 1992 in Merton Scholarship and
- Conn, Walter E. Rev. of Thomas Merton: Spiritual Master edited
by Lawrence S. Cunningham. 203-205.
- Callahan, Annice, RSCJ. Rev. of Merton: Mystic at the Center of
America by Thomas M. King, SJ. 205-208.
- Kline, Francis, OCSO. Rev. of Silent Lamp: The Thomas Merton Story
by William H. Shannon. 208-214.
- Zynda, Mary Damian, CSSF. Rev. of The Springs of Contemplation: A
Retreat at the Abbey of Gethsemani by Thomas Merton. 215-219.
- Archer, Emily. Rev. of Evening Train by Denise Levertov.
- O’Connell, Patrick F. Rev. of Pilgrim in the Ruins: A Life of
Walker Percy by Jay Tolson. 227-234.
- Kramer, Dewey Weiss. Rev. of The Merton Tapes: Fourth Release of
Lectures by Thomas Merton. 235-236.
Return to Contents of Earlier Editions of The Merton Annual