- Merton, Thomas. “The Neurotic Personality in the Monastic Life.” 3-19.
- Bamberger, John Eudes, OCSO. “Merton’s Vocation as Monastic and
Writer: An Interview with John Eudes Bamberger, OCSO” conducted by Victor
A. Kramer. 21-38.
- St. John, Donald P. “Deep Geography: Nature and Place in The Sign
of Jonas.” 41-58.
- Waldron, Robert G. “The Sign of Jonas: A Jungian Commentary.”
- Rukstelis, Michael. “Recreated Innocence in The Sign of Jonas.”
- Downey, Michael. “Penning Patterns of Transformation: Etty Hillesum
and Thomas Merton.” 77-95.
- Kilcourse, George A. “‘A Shy Wild Deer’: The ‘True Self’ in Thomas
Merton’s Poetry.” 97-109.
- Goulet, Jacques. “Thomas Merton’s Journey Toward World Religious
- Roccaforte, Linnell. “The Rain Speaks On: Contradiction in Thomas
Merton’s View of Peace.” 131-152.
- Lewis, Gloria Kitto. “Sacred Arts Study: Thomas Merton’s Guides for
Art and Worship.” 155-171.
- Zynda, Mary Damian, CSSF. “Contemporary Mystic Study: Thomas Merton as
Supported by Evelyn Underhill’s Stages of Mystical Development.” 173-202.
- Ferry, Wilbur Hugh. “Action at the Center” An Interview with W. H.
Ping Ferry” conducted by Gregory J. Ryan. 205-219.
- Clark, Benjamin, OCSO. “Thomas Merton’s Gethsemani: Part 1, the
Novitiate Years.” 223-256.
- Daggy, Robert E. “‘What They Say’: 1990 in Merton Scholarship and
- Montaldo, Jonathan. Rev. of The School of Charity: The Letters of
Thomas Merton on Religious Renewal and Spiritual Direction edited by
Patrick Hart, OCSO. 275-284.
- O’Connell, Patrick F. Rev. of Thomas Merton and the Education of
the Whole Person by Thomas Del Prete. 284-288.
- Hotchen, Stephen J. Rev. of The Spark in the Soul: Four Mystics on
Social Justice by Terry Tastard. 291-295.
- Corless, Roger. Rev. of Freedom in Exile: The Autobiography of the
Dalai Lama. 295-297.
- Carr, Anne E. Rev. of Evelyn Underhill Artist of the Infinite Love
by Dana Green and The Ways of the Spirit by Evelyn Underhill.
- Kramer, Victor A. Rev. of The Catholic Counter-culture in America:
1933-1962 by James Terrence Fisher and The Writings of Daniel
Berrigan by Ross Labrie. 301-308.
- Thurston, Bonnie Bowman. Rev. of Buddhist Emptiness and Christian
Trinity edited by Roger Corless and Paul Knitter and A Taste of
Water: Christianity Through Taoist-Christian Eyes by Chwen Jiuan A.
Lee and Thomas G. Hand. 308-310.
Return to Contents of Earlier Editions of The Merton Annual