- Hart, Patrick, OCSO. “Introduction.” 3-4.
- Merton, Thomas. “A Monastic Correspondence with Jean Leclercq, OSB.”
- Leclercq, Jean, OSB. “Thomas Merton and St. Bernard of Clairvaux.”
- Conner, James, OCSO. “The Tension Between Solitude and Sharing in the
Monastic Life of Thomas Merton.” 47-59.
- Chittister, Joan, OSB. “Of Moses’ Mother and Pharoah’s Daughter: A
Model of Contemporary Contemplation.” 61-69.
- Burns, Flavian, OCSO. “Merton’s Contribution as Teacher, Writer and
Community Member: An Interview with Flavian Burns, OCSO” conducted by
Victor A. Kramer. 71-89.
- Letson, Douglas R. “Foundations for Renewal: An Analysis of the Shared
Reflections of Thomas Merton and Ernesto Cardenal.” 93-106.
- McKenna, Thomas F., CM. “Thomas Merton and the Renewal of Religious
- Plank, Karl A. “Thomas Merton and Hannah Arendt: Contemplation After
- Griffith, Sidney H. “Thomas Merton, Louis Masignon, and the Challenge
of Islam.” 151-172.
- Higgins, Michael W. “Merton and the Real Poets: Paradise Rebugged.”
- Cunningham, Lawrence S. “Thomas Merton: The Monk as a Critic of
- Corless, Roger. “The Christian Mystic as Paganus Redevivus: A
Hermeneutical Suggestion.” 203-216.
- Hinson, E. Glenn. “Social Involvement and Spirituality.” 217-229.
- Rukstelis, Michael. “Thomas Merton and the Grey Man.” 233-250.
- Kocka, David. “Week of a Visitor in a Stranger’s House.” 251-273.
- Daggy, Robert E. “The Continuing Tsunami: 1989 in Merton Scholarship
and Publication.” 277-289.
- Downey, Michael. Rev. of Honorable Reader: Reflections on My Work
by Thomas Merton. 293-295.
- Greene, Jonathan. Rev. of Monk’s Pond: Thomas Merton’s Little
Magazine edited by Robert E. Daggy. 295-298.
- Thurston, Bonnie B. Rev. of Preview of the Asian Journey by
Thomas Merton. 298-300.
- Richardson, Jane Marie, SL. Rev. of The Road to Joy: Letter to New
and Old Friends by Thomas Merton. 300-304.
- Foster, Diane, OCSO. Rev. of Thomas Merton in Alaska edited by
Robert E. Daggy. 305-309.
- Allchin, A. M. Rev. of Thomas Merton on Prayer compiled by Tony
Castle and The Shining Wilderness by Thomas Merton. 310-311.
- Kramer, Dewey Weiss. Rev. of The Merton Tapes. 311-320.
- Labrie, Ross. Rev. of Thomas Merton’s Art of Denial: The Evolution
of a Radical Humanist by David D. Cooper. 321-324.
- Leax, John. Rev. of The Thomas Merton Poems: A Caravan of Poems
by J. S. Porter and Monks Pond, Old Hermit, Hai!: A Haiku Homage to
Thomas Merton by Ron Seitz. 328-330.
- Moir, Richard. Rev. of Conscience and Conflict: A Trilogy of
One-Actor Plays: Thomas Merton, Pope John XXIII, Martin Luther by
Anthony T. Padovano. 324-327.
Return to Contents of Earlier Editions of The Merton Annual