- Kilcourse, George A. “Introduction: The Religious Ethic at the Heart
of Merton’s Spirituality.” 7-11.
- Pearson, Paul M. “Foreword to ‘The Black Sheep.’” 13-16.
- Merton, Thomas. “The Black Sheep.” 17-32.
- Allchin, A. M. “Our Lives, a Powerful Pentecost: Merton’s Meeting with
Russian Christianity.” 33-48.
- Berrigan, Daniel, SJ. “What, Then, Must We Do?” 49-66.
- Douglass, James W. “Compassion and the Unspeakable.” 67-87.
- Hinson, E. Glenn. “‘Thomas Merton, My Brother’: The Impact of Thomas
Merton on My Life and Thought.” 88-96.
- Reiser, William, SJ. “Solidarity and Reshaping Spirituality.” 97-109.
- Burnham, Christopher C. “Merton’s Ethos in The Seven Storey
Mountain: Toward a Rhetoric of Conversion.” 110-120.
- Labrie, Ross. “Merton and Time.” 121-137.
- Faricy, Robert, SJ. “Merton and Mysticism of the Mind.” 138-147.
- Waddell, Chrysogonus, OCSO. “‘Truly Seeking God . . . in Christ’: An
Interview about Thomas Merton with Chrysogonus Waddell, OCSO” conducted by
Victor A. Kramer.148-173.
Kramer, Victor A. “‘Non-Public’ Writing in Journal and Correspondence: A
Core Radiating Outward. 1997 Bibliographic Review.” 174-195.
- Johmann, Michael. Rev. of Dancing in the Waters of Life: Seeking
Peace in the Hermitage by Thomas Merton. 196-199.
- Quenon, Paul, OCSO. Rev. of Learning to Love: Exploring Solitude
and Freedom by Thomas Merton. 199-203.
- Stull, Bradford T. Rev. of Thomas Merton and James Laughlin;
Selected Letters edited by David D. Cooper. 203-206.
- Kocka, David Mark. Rev. of ‘Something of a Rebel’: Thomas Merton,
His Life and Works by William H. Shannon. 206-208.
Return to Contents of Earlier Editions of The Merton Annual